Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Judge this book by the cover. Seriously, do.

Evie’s always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals’ glamours.

But Evie’s about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.

Book Review:
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

5 stars out of 5

Judge this book by the cover. Seriously, do. I loved this cover so much I sat at the bookstore staring at it, and then when I read the book, I loved it, too! And the title? I LOVE THAT. The sequel's title, Supernaturally? Love that even more.

I heard a lot of great hype about this book, which can often lead to a letdown once you actually read the book. However, Paranormalcy was just as flirty, funny, and refreshing as promised. It had great characterization, hysterical dialogue, and just enough answers with just enough mystery still unexplained to have me eagerly awaiting Supernaturally. I loved all of the bleeps, the sighs, and the quirky sense of humor. Seriously, I just loved it all.

And the romance? I loved the innocence of it. Here you have two secluded teenagers falling in love for the first time, so I thought the innocence was perfect. I felt myself cheering for them to hold hands for the first time! One part I don't get? The quote by Aprilynne Pike about the other paranormal winning her heart. Was she talking about Reth??? Reth was so creepy. I thought he was a fantastic, intriguing character and I can't wait to read more explaining his motives, but stealing my heart? He was crazy creepy. Let's all just cheer now that Evie is still with Lend.

Paranormalcy. Loved it. I have to hold myself back from using some sort of "bleep" phrase to describe it because I really loved it that much. Like, loved it enough to stay up until 2:00 a.m. finishing it after starting it at 10:00 p.m. because I could not go to bed without knowing how it ended. Kiersten White, keep the funny, quirky, flirty books coming!

And a thousand cheers for a teen paranormal romance where the crazy, psychotic, obsessive guy does NOT get the girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment